Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hmmm

Okay, so we went ahead with our plan tonight. I must admit, I was in some trepidation and not feeling very enamoured of the prospect of broccoli.

There were last-minute impulses to reject the whole thing and make a last-ditch stand for steak and steak alone, done just the way I like it.

But, you know, I thought I should give it a chance.

And I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised. It was...vegetarian. There was no doubt about that. And yet, it was not cold broccoli.

Tofu burger, anyone?

*Note: This post has nothing to do with food. But you knew that, didn't you? Apologies in advance for any offence given to vegetarians and for insufficient citation of FTN.

8 Comments:

Blogger freebird said...

Maybe in time you could come up with some good sauce recipes...!?!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Trueself said...

LOL!

And as a vegetarian, I'm not offended at all.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

I commented first in your previous blog entry before I read your most recent one here. It would appear that you made it to 1st base just great last night. Care to next try for a double? :-)

11:42 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Ah yes, I also commented on your last entry before reading this one. Broccoli can be good some times. It's much better than starvation. And once both parties get into the habit of eating, you can add other small dishes to the side.

There is hope for a full meal in your future.

Man, this is making me hungry.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Satan said...

Broccoli is great on it's own, or part of a bigger meal.

Glad to hear something is working for you, keep it up!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Wow, I never would have thought there would be so many fans of broccoli around here...

2:25 PM  
Blogger oldbear said...

Hi Emily, I am very happy for both of you!

I am glad you got to dine together.

As the snooty Lady said in the movie Pride and Prejudice: "Practice. Practice, (miss Bennett). You cant get enough of it!"

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Maybe next time you can cook the broccoli in some bacon grease... ahaha

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home