Friday, December 22, 2006

Tagged by Cat

On a lighter note, I've just been tagged by Cat:

1. Grab the book closest to you, don't choose
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fifth sentence.
3. Post the text of the next three sentences on the blog.
4. Name the book and the author.
5. Tag three people

The text:

Concerned that the cardinal's magic might still work on the king, Suffolk arranged for Campeggio alone to be given lodgings at Grafton. However, the emollient Norris, groom of the stole, lent Wolsey his room to change in, and the cardinal's supporters flocked to welcome him and warn of the latest situation. Then the two delegates were called in to the presence chamber, packed with every courtier who could find a place, with polite greetings all the way, sincere and insincere.

The book is Eric Ives' The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn. Obviously this isolated quote doesn't exactly capture how great this book is: a fantastically well researched historical tome on a story that has everything you could possibly want: sex, love, fertility, politics, religion, royalty, divorce, scandal and semi-judicial murder!

And now I shall tag:
Lickety Split
Gilded Cage
Kiss Me Kate

By the way, a few people lately have tagged me with the six (or nine) wierd things tag, which I did some time ago. I have been very remiss in not letting those people know I've already done it, so please feel free to check out my responses to that tag.

3 Comments:

Blogger O272 said...

How's your book? I recently read 'The Other Boleyn Girl'. Very good! I've since picked up a few more by that author!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Satan said...

O, I just read that book, too! I love both Philippa Gregory and the story of Anne Boleyn so that was a nice match. Unless I'm mistaken, she's just had another novel come out about Anne of Cleves and Katherine Howard.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for accepting the tag and for upgraded the quality of books a bit :)

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home