Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Love These Internet Quizzes

You scored as Classical Liberal. You are a classical liberal. You are sceptical about much of the historicity of the Bible, and the most important thing Jesus has done is to set us a good moral example that we are to follow. Doctrines like the trinity and the incarnation are speculative and not really important, and in the face of science and philosophy the surest way we can be certain about God is by our inner awareness of him. Discipleship is expressed by good moral behaviour, but inward religious feeling is most important.

Classical Liberal

79%

Emergent/Postmodern

79%

Modern Liberal

75%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

64%

Neo orthodox

50%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

50%

Roman Catholic

39%

Reformed Evangelical

14%

Fundamentalist

7%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

This is really quite accurate. I have always liked those nineteenth century liberals and I'm happy to grouped with them. Although if I had my way, this picture would be of George Eliot.

A point of interest: I am the only theological liberal with pentcostal/charismatic experience and beliefs that I have ever met.

4 Comments:

Blogger FTN said...

Strangely enough, I probably couldn't give a good definition for half of those categories.

But then, I can't even see the picture or get to the quiz website from my work computer. Drat.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

I left my results over at Trueself's place; I'm some kind of eclectic mix of Catholic, Wesleyan, and neo-Orthodox, with strong flavorings of Charismatic and Emergent. And I have no idea what kind of sense to make of all that. If any.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

"I am the only theological liberal with pentcostal/charismatic experience and beliefs that I have ever met."

I've met others, but in my experience, it tends to be an unstable combination, and the person tends to eventually fall one way or the other.

Not that that necessarily means anything at all for you. . .

11:53 AM  
Blogger flutterby said...

This is my top 4 (majority scores):

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 89%
Fundamentalist 79%
Emergent/Postmodern 61%
Reformed Evangelical 61%

I was surprised to see that Catholicism and Pentecostal/Charismatic were my flat out bottom two. It must be that anti-establishment streak in me, I guess! ;)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home