Monday, August 13, 2007

Wish Me Luck

Guess what?

That job I was interested in has finally been advertised. I spent lots of the weekend doing up an application, only to discover when I got back into work that their original statement that it could be done part-time had not been included. I put in the application anyway, but felt kind of despondent. It's very difficult to find jobs at my level with part-time hours and it felt like a rare opportunity had been waved in front of me and then just vanished.

Then, while I was printing out some other work, I saw an advertisement for a second job in an area I have always vaguely intended to go to - and it specifically noted that part-time availability was okay. The selection criteria were quite similar to the first job, so I hurriedly shifted a few paragraphs around and sent in an application for that one, too.

Half an hour later I had a call from the boss in the first area asking if she could show my resume to her own boss and noting that she had a part-time vacancy. Suddenly, things were looking good!

So, will I be offered the first job or the second job, and which will I take? Surely I couldn't possibly be rejected for both... Of course, my tiny efforts don't begin to compare with dedicated job hunters like 2am Somewhere, who has now considered 103 separate opportunities!

Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lady Let said...

Well done!
Wish you lots of luck. Keep us inform ;)
x

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck to You!!!!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Fiona said...

Luck luck luck Emily. Maybe you'll end up in that enviable position of having to choose between both :)

5:13 PM  
Blogger Sailor said...

Best of luck, wouldn't it be great to get your choice?

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home