Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Contented

The Big Dude and I had a lovely night last night. We cuddled up on the couch, he rested his big, heavy head on my chest, and we talked about all our future plans. We felt so close. It was one of those moments where I could really feel him - his skin, the smell of his hair, his voice. I could feel how much we love each other and how much we belong together.

And tonight, when I came home very late from work, the Little Dude woke up. While he was having his bottle on my lap, he kept reaching up to stroke my arm as if he was pleased to have me home. I admired the perfection of his tiny hands and stroked his little fingers, tracing the early lines on his palms. We sat like that for a long time.

My little family.

Have I ever mentioned that there are many things I love about my life?

7 Comments:

Blogger Fiona said...

Beams....just absolutely beams!!!!

Your happiness Emily, is palpable from these words and it's just absolutely wonderful.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it. Good for you.

7:13 AM  
Blogger flutterby said...

How nice. I think everyone needs moments like these to appreciate and hold close in their hearts.

SO glad one of these days came through for you, Emily.

p.s. There really is no other word but "perfect" for anything about our children, is there? The softest of skin, the roundest of cheeks... it's like God knew we would need to luxuriate in them. :)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

"Have I ever mentioned that there are many things I love about my life?"

I see that you are quite able to take the good with the bad that happens to all of us from day to day. It's all a part of life. I guess what you post about now gives you the strength and encouragement to stoically endure those times when things feel not the greatest. So good for you Emily!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Yes you have mentioned it and you never have to worry that you don't present both sides. You do a great job at letting us see the hard times and the happy times...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

The simple pleasures just add richness out of all proportion, eh?

1:35 PM  
Blogger Lickety Split said...

I agree...very evenhanded that way.

Your love of your child and your husband (despite any shortcomings) is truly as fiona said..."palpable"

Good for you Emily. Rest with a smile on your face tonight.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home