Monday, November 27, 2006

Martyr Lady

I just left the poutiest sounding comment on FTN's blog. Do you think its because I was feeling slightly martyr-ish to see FTN talk about how marriage can turn to crap when someone has a cold and Desmond being able to be clueless around the house when Molly is sick? Not to mention shucking off the resulting extra work onto the nearest female kid? Honestly, it must be nice to be a man. I've often thought so.

And now, of course, I am ashamed of myself for having such mean thoughts and for being such a martyr lady.

Question: How many martyrs does it take to change a lightbulb?
Answer: Oh, don't worry about me, I'll just sit here in the dark....

So, feeling a little martyr-ish? Yes, oh, yes. I'm so sick and tired of my Big Dude being sick and tired. As FTN says, this sickness thing gets really old. But my personal theory is that my poutiness is caused mainly by lack of sex. Yes, its been over three weeks... not that anyone around here is counting or anything!

Actually, one of the fruits of my go-slow has been a slightly revived sexuality. The last few weeks, I have been feeling so tired and semi-resentful that I have been feeling quite sexless. My fondest desire was not for sex so much as for some sleep and someone else to do some housework. I felt quite dried up. No juice.

But yesterday, I noticed that more sharing of the load has definitely had a restorative effect, both physical and emotional. And given that there were no other prospects in sight, I gave myself a lovely, long orgasm that I could feel down to the tip of my toes. I know, TMI. But hey, it was so nice that I want to remember that one. Truly, I don't know what I'd do without my detachable shower head.

And last night, the Big Dude promised some Naked Time. Do you reckon it will happen this time? Anticip...ation!

6 Comments:

Blogger O272 said...

I have to agree with Desmond. I'd trust a female kid over 10 with temporarily running the household before a male kid. It's really a compliment. Believe me! The boys aren't mature enough for that 'til about...30? ;)

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I myself discovered the joys of the detachable showerhead this weekend... you ain't kiddin', sister! : )

I too well empathize with both sides of martyrdom. It's exhausting!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Fiona said...

Ummmmmm have you ever shared your masturbation with him? To let him watch....might this be an avenue to some sort of mutual pleasure, even if it is only watching for him?

In my experience, men do so love to watch :)

10:32 PM  
Blogger Trueself said...

Emily,
You've got nothing on me, the Queen of the Martyrs! And yes, I fully realize that is NOT my most endearing quality. It is so difficult sometimes not to play the martyr, but I'm trying. I believe you are too for you are recognizing it in yourself, and that my dear, is a great first step.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Emily, you'll have to trust me that leaning on my daughters is not about operating out of a stereotype. Boys, even teenage boys, who are completely capable, are just useless domestically. At least my boys are (or at least, they have been). Their idea of looking after the younger kids is to turn on a game and yell at the kids when they can't hear the TV.

7:21 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Maybe I need to look into this detachable showerhead thing. Wait, that probably doesn't do much for guys, does it? Drat.

Nothing wrong with a little bit of martyrdom now and then. I'm sure that's what some of our Complainoblogs are all about, right?

And I should clarify that my marriage really hasn't turn to crap with us both being sick. Although I expected it to, for at least a short time.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home