Thursday, April 17, 2008

IVF Cycle 1: Freakery

I made the Big Dude call the clinic this morning. I just couldn't handle picking up the phone, with my hands trembling and my voice shaking.

So I sat in the loungeroom and read my Little Dude a story. Three minutes to go, and we were half way through the story.

Then I heard him say, "Yes, yes, that's good - tomorrow morning, then", and I knew that at least one egg had made it. I dropped the story book and couldn't finish it.

Actually, both eggs have fertilised. Can I just say that again, because I actually can't quite take it in. Both eggs have fertilised. I have two little embryos, doing well so far.

Two days ago, I thought I was going to get nothing. Then I got two eggs. Then both eggs fertilised. I am a statistical freak twice over. This is now a completely viable cycle.

Transfer tomorrow at 8am.

If it's a successful transfer, our chances of a pregnancy are around 30 per cent. Please, God, let me be a statistical freak three times over.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fusion said...

Crossing every extremity I can Emily. Good luck to you!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Sailor said...

I'm late catching up to the news, but I am also crossing everything I can think of

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home