Friday, April 18, 2008

IVF Cycle 1: Transfer

The transfer seemed to go well. Actually, it was a very nice environment of friendly, warm, chatty women and not painful. One of the doctors had just assisted at a birth, a caesarean, and was in a very positive and happy mood. It just seemed to make the whole process more normal and less icky.

The technician said the embryos looked really good and she was amazed that, during the fertilisation, the eggs had started changing within about 20 minutes. That's a good sign.

Actually, everything has gone almost eerily like last time I did this, which was a success. The apparently low response to the drugs, the two eggs (which last time I regarded as a disaster and this time I regarded as success), the rapid fertilisation and the high quality of the embryos.

The Big Dude says that, since everything seems to have gone much as last time, I had better be all gloomy and pessimistic and certain it hasn't worked, just like I was last time. But actually, I am cautiously optimistic. I know the stats, and hopefully am prepared either way, but I just have a good feeling.

So go, embryos, go!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

YES! GO, GO, GO!

(takes off cheerleading hat)

I'm going to stay crossed, lol- you said two weeks now, to know the next stage if successful, right?

Hoping with all my heart!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Sailor, Fusion and my other regular visitors at the moment - It's really lovely of you to keep coming around and saying such encouraging things. This is a hard process and it is much appeciated.

2:29 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Go embryos go!

It's great you've been a statistical freak so far. Here's hoping it continues!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home