Wednesday, October 28, 2009

IVF 5: Finally Some Good News

I just spoke to my embryologist, who said the egg looks quite good. It's too early to assign it a formal grade, but the crucial factor is that it has a polar body, which makes it possible for it to be fertilised. The egg is a little dark, but not too bad at all.

I could tell it was good news, because she sounded excited. In fact, she was too excited to have the tact to not tell me how surprised she was!

I like this embryologist. Not only is she always extremely nice to me but, when she told us last time that neither of our eggs had fertilised, she had obviously been crying. She hardly knew us, but she wept for us. It made me feel less alone. I trust her to do her very best by my little egg during the ICSI process.

I've tried to stay as neutral as possible about this cycle, to keep my expectations low, because it just hurts too much when they are dashed over and over again. And of course, my expectations really are low to be so thrilled to produce one egg that apparently has the potential to be fertilised. It's hard to see how I could set the bar any lower.

But I must admit I feel excited and hopeful for the first time in a long time. I suddenly feel just the teensiest bit younger, knowing that I'm not all dried up just yet. Even if I don't get pregnant, I'm glad to feel this way again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fiona said...

Safe journey little egg :)

I'm excited for you too, Emily! Such great news.

Hugs

Fi
xxxx

8:40 PM  
Blogger Sailor said...

Exciting... prayers, warm thoughts, all the good vibes sending as hard as I can!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home