Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Four Quotes

Do you ever see a particular quote and find that it grabs you by the throat and refuses to leave you? I am thinking about four quotes I have seen recently.

The first two from a book I have been reading: Julian Short's An Intelligent Life:

Manipulation - the application of pressure through guilt or a subtle threat of rejection - is the tyranny of the weak.
The first instinct of secure people under threat is to pursue love and strength, while insecure people are more preoccupied with avoiding rejection and weakness.

Two more:

Do not forget that the value and interest of life is not so much to do conspicuous things (although we must have this ambition) as to do ordinary things with the perception of their enormous value - Teilhard de Chardin.
Everything that one turns in the direction of God is prayer - St Ignatius Loyola.

*Thinking*

4 Comments:

Blogger kissmekate said...

The first one has me thinking. It is so applicable to my current situation.

~*~deep in thought~*~

3:43 PM  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Not the first one....the second one!

See, I was so deep in thought I lost my train of thought!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Emily, I have an absolute 'quote jones'. I've kept a journal for the last 25 years or so, and at least a third of the space is just taken up with quotes from books I've read. . .

These are four pretty good ones, btw. . .

7:32 AM  
Blogger The Visitor said...

Emily - I took the liberty of tagging you, would you do the tag?

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home