Sunday, January 21, 2007

Moving House

Well, we have finally moved into our beautiful new house. My apologies for my absence without notice, but there was a lot to do and no internet access.

This week was horribly stressful. The work, the disruption, the carefully saved money hemorrhaging out of our accounts, the heat... aaaaack!

But now, we are living in a very pretty house with an even prettier garden. I wake up in the mornings to seeing my Little Dude exploring his new garden with his dad. It's lovely.

I think this year is going to be a very significant one. You know those times in your life when it feels like there is a lot going on, even if outwardly everything is the same?

I feel like those little ducks floating on the surface of the pond, apparently very calm and unruffled, but underneath... paddling like hell!

More later.

12 Comments:

Blogger Nietzsche's Girl said...

Congrats!!
We too are moving, and it just feels so good to start afresh in a new place, a new home. A new change to organize and redecorate one's life as well as one's building.

Good luck! Enjoy the new home!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Fiona said...

Welcome back!!!

You were terribly missed and worried about :)

It sounds lovely and yes, we all feel like those ducks at times....and may you find your way to shore to bathe in the sunshine soon!

And I'm so happy to see your two Dudes enjoying their new home.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Fusion said...

Hi and welcome back Emily. We were wondering what had come of you.
I remember moving into my current home, the first real "we own it" home of our own, lots of good memories there. Now it's paid off with some of my wife's life insurance money, which makes it feel different somehow.
Enjoy your new haven, and buy a floatation device!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Satan said...

I'm so happy for you, Em!

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and moving is such a chore. I am happy to hear you survived and are enjoying the new place.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new digs!! I'm sure you very excited. Moving onto new and better things is a good feeling, especially for a new year. I will be joining you (theoretically at least) in a week or two! : )

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure you ARE very excited. I hate when I don't proofread. Ugh!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new place and I am glad you are back:) I swore I would never move again after I moved into my house it is such a pain moving, I am glad you survived...

9:55 AM  
Blogger flutterby said...

Best wishes in your new house, Emily. May it soon feel like Home.

I'm glad that all is well. You had us a little worried. :)

Hugs!

5:37 PM  
Blogger oldbear said...

Hi Emily, congratulations, and a BIG hug to you and "the dudes"!

But an especial hug to
dear MUMMY!

YOu are soooo lucky to have mum with you! :-)

Enjoy life lady! PAX to you all.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Congrats on your new house, Em! How is the new neighborhood? Hope your little guy has lots of new little friends there.

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house!

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home