Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hooray for Me!

I received an unexpected call today.

As you know, I recently applied for two potential new jobs, including one with a former boss of mine who I like very much and would be happy to work for again. But since more than a month had passed since then, and I'd heard nothing, I was unsure if the vacancy was even going ahead. It is not unusual in the public service for these processes to take months and even to be cancelled altogether.

On the weekend, I heard from a friend that it was going ahead but also that they had been inundated with applicants. As the job was not formally open for a part-timer, I mentally placed myself well down their list of desirable applicants.

But today, I received a call offering me the job and at the same hours I do now!

I will be meeting with the woman in charge on Monday to clarify a few questions and doubts I have about this offer. But it's certainly a boost to be wanted - hooray for me!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOORAY FOR YOU!!!

Congratulations!!!

3:31 AM  
Blogger 2amsomewhere said...

Blowing an obnoxiously loud airhorn and ringing a cowbell in jubliation from this time zone! Congrats, Emily!

--
2amsomewhere

4:59 AM  
Blogger kissmekate said...

Yay! Yippee! Congrats!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Good on ya, Em!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Wonderful news.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home