Sunday, September 03, 2006

Progress Report

Resolution #1: Exercising three times per week, eating no junk food, and having plenty of home-cooked food. Disaster on this one. I have hurt my back, which happens sometimes when I increase my exercise. So I tried to moderate my efforts and only went bowling this week. Even bowling only confirmed that I need to take a proper break. By the end of the week, I was limping and whimpering from the pain, and experience tells me that I need to baby it a little and give it a real rest. So I won't be exercising at all this week, aside from chasing the Little Dude around the house. Plus, my endless loads of laundry, which is quite a lot, considering we are on the top floor of a block of flats with no lift and the laundry is on the ground floor.

Just to compound my failure, I was so peeved about my back, so fed up about having to lie still on the sofa half the day, that I ate a packet of biscuits and some home-made chips, yesterday. I know. A shocker of a performance. Pathetic. I did do the cooking this weekend, though. AND I didn't drink any alcohol. I wanted to. I thought about it. I actually drove down to the shop to get some. But then I thought better of it, and walked away empty-handed. So a few brownie points for that!

Resolution #2: Having $100 per fortnight automatically deducted into an account that I don't touch. Yes!!!

Resolution #3: Doing something for myself every week that doesn't involve food and that feeds my heart, my mind, my spirit. I had a massage. A long, luxurious, fantastic massage that cured my limp and made the pain much more bearable. Oh, the joy, the pleasure, the relief! I love massages. Its possible that I believe massages are better than sex. I am basically a complete massage slut, and will cheerfully allow anyone to massage me. And a real massage therapist like Summer Rose is, in my opinion, a public benefactor. My own masseuse is excellent - such huge, strong hands, such willingness to get stuck in, and such skill! I was in the hands of a master!

Plus, given my treats have been quite highbrow lately and my limited ability to walk around at exhibitons and the like, I decided to mix it up and went to see Clerks II. I wouldn't say it was a great movie, especially compared to the original Clerks. But on the other hand, I laughed my arse off. Even at the disgusting donkey scene.

On a completely different subject, today is Monday in Australia. My partner said that he would be cooking up the tofu every week, and it will be a week on Tuesday. Will I say anything to remind him? Nope. If last week's blow up doesn't make him remember, nothing will. But will I be hoping? Yep. Unwise, I know, but hope springs eternal in this particular breast...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope for you - eternal spring. And good on your resolutions.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Take care of that back now when you and Big Dude (better reference than just "my partner") enjoy tofu together - of course you will NOT let him forget that, now will you? Remember, us dads need a little reminding sometimes! (evil grin)

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your back gets better. soon. Get lots of rest!!!!

Don't beat yourself up for falling back on your diet. We all do it!!!!

Oblivion

9:03 AM  
Blogger Summer Rose said...

Aaaahhh, yes a good C.M.T knows best. Just got home from getting my back worked on, I'm still having problems with my neck being out of line. Caused from dreaming of my cat, having a mouse in her mouth and I dremt that she dropped it on me. I woke up the next morning, with such a painful neck that I ended up in the chiropractor's office.
Take Care of yourself
S.R.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Summer Rose said...

I don't mind you linking me. Any time.
S.R.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home