Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hooray for Me III

Well, the decision is made. I have taken that first job I applied for.

Even this morning, I had major doubts. Suddenly, my current job looked very desirable, very safe and secure, and I wondered if I was crazy to be putting it at risk.

But my meeting with them this morning was very positive. Not only were they offering me truly interesting work at reasonable hours, but there was one aspect of it that was especially suited to my skills. Where previously I wondered why they were so interested in a part-timer with only limited background in their area, I could now see why they were so keen. And I feel like I could really make a contribution there.

When I sat down at lunch to ponder it all, I couldn't help noticing that I suddenly had a sense of my career, even my life, opening up again. Lately, I have been feeling kind of stuck, in a rut, as if the possibilities are closing down and my life is just going to be the same, day after day. It's as if I have been walking through a hallway that keeps getting narrower and narrower and have just spotted a small door that opens out into the big wide world. It's scary, but its exciting!

I could really get used to that feeling. I got up and sent an email to my current boss before I lost my nerve!

He wrote me a very generous note back, congratulating me on a great opportunity and with only a fleeting reference to the problem it creates for him. So it looks as if this is really happening. Please, God, don't let this be a disaster!

10 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

Good for you Emily, and Hoorays!

What an exciting feeling for you, to have your life opening up- embrace it and revel in it, what a great time for you.

4:54 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

Congratulations, Emily. That's great. Good luck!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Phyllis RenĂ©e said...

Congrats! It is exciting starting a new job; I'm happy for you.

8:49 AM  
Blogger LePhare said...

Be possitive. The only way is up. Go girl!

3:50 PM  
Blogger LePhare said...

Sorry. Positive!

3:51 PM  
Blogger flutterby said...

Wonderful news!

Good for you, hon! Hope it all goes well.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Fusion said...

Hooray indeed, good luck in the new job Emily!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Fiona said...

Congratulations! There will always be that feeling of trepidation, but it will pass and the feelings of excitement will take its place. Good luck with it all Emily, not that you need luck ;)

4:44 PM  
Blogger freebird said...

This is great news, Emily. It will refresh your life, I'm sure. Congratulations!

1:36 AM  
Blogger Mu Ling said...

It won't be a disaster! It will be wonderful! I am very happy for you.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home