Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good News (Sort Of)

I had been worrying about the fact that we only had one remaining chance to have a second baby, due to restrictions on access to our sperm donor. There is such a shortage of sperm donors now that they ration the number of attempts. We had already had two failed cycles, so only one cycle to go - do or die. Crikey, the pressure!

But we've had some good news. The clinic apparently still has a decent amount of sperm left from our donor and there haven't been any inquiries about him for some time. They've decided to let us have three more attempts instead of just one. I can't believe my luck.

The lack of enquiries is crazy. You should see our boy - beautiful, clever, chatty, and such a cheerful, sweet nature. If other IVF/sperm donor patients saw our kid, they would be queueing up around the block to get access to our donor. We're definitely planning to keep the news about him to ourselves.

I guess extra "opportunities" to do more IVF is not everyone's idea of good news, but I think I'm okay with it. At least it takes some of the pressure off the next cycle.

I'm smiling just thinking about the chance to have another child like my boy.

And something else makes me smile, too. Of course, the only way to truly reserve the supply for three more tries was to pay for it and I cheerfully dug out my credit card, but - I wonder what they will put on my credit card statement?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Trueself said...

That's great that you know you can have three more tries instead of just one. It should ease the pressure, I would think, of making this one "take" as if there were any way of forcing it to anyway.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home