Monday, September 08, 2008

IVF Cycle 2: Two Egg Girl

I went into the egg pickup this morning, not knowing what I would get. I was still holding out hope for the maximum of four eggs, but equally, after the last few days, genuinely worried I would get nothing.

I got two eggs. I cried for a while, then I was curiously resigned. After all, I always get two eggs. The first cycle, I had nine follicles and got two eggs. The second time, I had two follicles and got two eggs. This time, Ihad four follicles and got two eggs. Two eggs is apparently what my body does, regardless of all the things that are supposed to affect the number of eggs, like drug doseage, number of follicles, personal circumstances, and my state of mind.

So it ain't great, but then, it might be fine. I got pregnant in 2004 with only ttwo eggs, so maybe I should consider two to be my lucky number.

My little eggs will be in a dish tonight, getting aquainted with sperm from a man I have never met. Hopefully, something is happening. Usually, around 70 per cent of eggs fertilise. My personal fertilisation rate so far has been 100 per cent. Can I be that lucky a third time? Pretty please?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for ya!!
Wishing you ALL of the good luck and sending a big hug!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Fusion said...

Me too Emily!

Two is one of my lucky numbers, so I'll pass that luck over to you to hold onto for now...

Good luck,

John

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home