Sunday, August 03, 2008

I Love You

Yesterday was a red-letter day in my life.

My Little Dude and I were playing contentedly with his trains and he suddenly looked over at me with a quiet, solemn gaze and said, "Mummy, I love you". It was the first time ever.

My boy loves me! And, at two and a half years old, he can say so!

Recently, during some unusual work-related training, I was asked what I would do if I was told I had only six months to live.

Now, previously I would have assumed that what I would want to do if I knew my time was limited would be to travel the world, enjoy the kind of passionate, sweaty, energetic sex I can't get at home, and throw myself into all kinds of adventures I haven't had. After all, my life is kind of boring, right? Kind of unsatisfactory on a number of fronts.

Actually, I found out that, if that was the case, what I would want to do was spend the next six months making sure my Dudes knew how much I loved them. I wouldn't leave them to go have adventures somewhere else, away from them. All I could picture myself doing was writing letters, making videos of messages, for all the birthdays and christmases that I would miss, all saying the same thing: I love you. I'm thinking of you. Even if I am dead, my love for you is not dead. It will last forever.

I love my Dudes and I am loved in return. I am a very lucky woman.

7 Comments:

Blogger Fusion said...

That is very very Cool!

Yes, with a capital c ;)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Sailor said...

That is awesome! What a nice thing, to know you're loved, you are indeed a lucky woman, very blessed.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Desmond Jones said...

Indeed you are a very lucky woman, Em. Loving and being loved - nothing better than that. . .

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! You're very fortunate and so are they!
xo

6:31 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Very lovely of you all to turn up here so quickly. I've missed you!

10:14 PM  
Blogger FTN said...

That's great. It's fantastic to love and be loved.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

That is the sweetest thing...

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home