Saturday, September 20, 2008

IVF Cyle 2: Sadness

My embryos didn't stay. They just melted away.

My Little Dude turned three this week. He was such a happy, laughing boy at his birthday party. He was jumping and dancing with excitement, as if he had so much life and joy in him that he just couldn't keep still.

I have been thinking hopeful thoughts about two other little people laughing and wriggling in my arms.

Now I am thinking morbid thoughts about my body as a virtual graveyard for embryos.

And I feel such sadness that those little ones will never get to live.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fusion said...

Sigh.

I'm sorry Emily, I was so hoping it would turn out for you this time...

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs. I"m so sorry.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Nietzsche's Girl said...

I'm so sorry. I wish it would work for you. If I could give you my ovaries, I would!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

My ovaries are fine. It's the sperm we are in short supply of (would you ever have thought there would be a shortage of sperm?!)

2:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry Emily.

Big Hugs.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Trueself said...

I'm so sorry Emily.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home