Saturday, October 27, 2007

Sex Date

You know, when I said below that we seemed to have resolved a lot of our relationship and sexual difficulties, I didn't mean that we have actually been having sex.

In fact, it's been a few weeks - four, five, possibly more. Maybe it is an example of how far we have come (ha!) that I don't know exactly how long it's been.

What I meant was some combination of the Big Dude generally seeming to keep track of how we are going and showing some commitment to our actually having a sex life, even if it's pretty low key. Also of me being more patient and having a little more faith.

But I gotta tell ya, after this long, I'm more than ready! So I'm happy we made a sex date for tonight.

Also, I've just been looking through my old fertility books and remembering how little sex we actually had during our fertility cycles. For one thing, the drugs make you feel like crap. Sex is truly the furtherest thing from your mind. After injections in the stomach, completely rewired hormones creating an imitation of early menopause and regular penetration by dildo-cam, all you want is for your vagina and yourself to be left alone together, no one else allowed! Then some clinics actually forbid you to have sex after the embry has been put in, and in the early weeks of pregnancy. Ours didn't, but I was far too paranoid and I probably would be again.

All of which means it's not exactly going to be a sexual feast around here. I'd better get it while I can!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sailor said...

Sounds truly awful, but what a wonderful thing for you and your future dude/ette, to go through it all for love.

I watched a niece struggle to conceive, it's not an easy process- you're in my prayers

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily - you're always in my thoughts!

xxoo

5:19 AM  
Blogger Phyllis RenĂ©e said...

What an ordeal! But from reading your previous post I am glad everything is looking up for you and your family.

11:03 AM  
Blogger D said...

Emily - just hope things get better for you both as time goes by. At least in your head you seem to be in a better place. :-)

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home